No purchase necessary: Commencing on or about October 31st, 2022, Joey’s Seafood Restaurants and Joey’s Fish Shack will be offering the chance to win “Free Food for a Year”. Each participating Joey’s Seafood and Joey’s Fish Shack Restaurant in Canada will display various in-store promotional materials advertising how to enter the Giveaway online at www.joeysfishshack.ca/promotions. Additional advertising on how to enter will be shared through various social media platforms.
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow the instructions for entry provided for the Giveaway. You must provide your full name, email address and preferred Joey’s Seafood or Joey’s Fish Shack location. By doing so you agree to join Joey’s Seafood and Joey’s Fish Shack loyalty program, The Mariner’s Club, at www.joeysfishshack.ca/promotions. Entries must be completed by Tuesday, January 31st, 2023, at 11:59pm (MST). All those actively subscribed to The Mariner’s Club will be entered to win. One entry per email address allowed.
Joey’s Only Franchising Ltd. reserves the right to reject and disqualify any entry which Joey’s Only Franchising Ltd, in its sole discretion, determines to be inconsistent with its reputation. Joey’s Only Franchising Ltd., or Joey’s Restaurants (“Sponsor”) assumes no responsibility for entries it is unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures or lost entries.
2. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One (1) Prize will be awarded. Winner will receive fifty-two (52) vouchers of $50 value, valid for seven (7) days, Monday – Sunday, starting on March 31st, 2023. Each $50 voucher is valid within the expiry date and must be used in one (1) visit. The voucher may be used towards food and non-alcoholic beverages in store only. The voucher is valid at any Joey’s Seafood or Joey’s Fish Shack location. The voucher holds no cash value. Approximate retail value of the prize is $2,600.00 (CND)
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Giveaway is open to all residents of Canada (excluding the Provinces of Quebec, P.E.I., Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and the Territories) who have reached the age of 13 in the province in which they reside and who are not an employee of, or domiciled with, an employee of Joey’s Only Franchising Ltd or Joey’s Restaurants (“Sponsor”), their franchisees, affiliates, subsidiaries, or their advertising and promotion agencies.
4. WINNER SELECTION: On or about February 1st, 2023 in Calgary, Alberta at approximately 12:00PM(MST), one (1) Free Food for a Year winner will be selected from active subscribers of The Mariner’s Club. One (1) winner will be selected randomly. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Mariner’s Club subscribers.
The selected entrants will be contacted by email. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days of selection or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, that entrant will be disqualified, and an alternate entrant will be chosen from among the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrants (or the parent/legal guardian of the selected entrant under the legal age of majority) must first:
a) Sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the Giveaway rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, assigning copyright in his/her photograph and releasing the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Giveaway judges and their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Giveaway, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use of the prize or any portion thereof. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted by email or fails to return the Giveaway documents within the specified time, he/she will forfeit the prize and an alternate eligible entrant may be selected.
b) Answer a skill testing question
The Giveaway details will be put into a “Winner’s Letter” that will include the fifty-two (52) x $50 vouchers and will be delivered to the participating Joey’s Seafood or Joey’s Fish Shack Restaurant nearest the winner’s residence where a formal presentation will be made. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions except at Sponsor’s option. No cash equivalent will be issued to prize winners.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Giveaway, each selected entrant agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in any publicity or advertising carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or on the Internet.
The Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway selector will not be liable for any failure of the web site during the Giveaway; for any technical malfunction or other problems relating to telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any entry to be received by the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies or the Giveaway selector for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or any combination of the above. Further, the Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, prize partners and the Giveaway selector, will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s, or any other person’s, computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Giveaway. The Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Giveaway selector not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or illegible entries or other contest related communications.
The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw or amend this Giveaway at any time without prior notice, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Giveaway as contemplated by these Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The selection of the Giveaway winner, with respect to all aspects of this contest, are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an Internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Giveaway will be the Giveaway server machine(s).
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Giveaway without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind relating to or affecting the contest.